Friday, 2 August 2013

Lunch at Zucchero, Victoria Park



I caught up with a couple of friends over lunch at Zucchero Espresso Bar in Victoria Park the other weekend. It's a little corner cafe along Albany Highway which was suggested by one of my friends. Zucchero has an alfresco dining area along the side walk but also a fairly large "green room" with little cafe tables ideal for small group catch ups.

I love the black framed black and white photographs on the walls, really adds to the decor.
As it was a weekend, Zucchero was serving all day breakfast until 2pm. The menu had a few usual breakfast dishes.
One of my friends had the Caprese bruschetta, fresh tomato and bocconcini mozzarella, which was served on toasted flatini, drizzled with a homemade basil pesto, olive oil ($10.50).
My other friend had the Gourmet baked beans with feta & rocket, served on ciabatta toast ($10.50). She also ordered a side of mushrooms. I had a mouthful of beans and a bit of the mushroom. It was pretty good from what I had. My friend however would have preferred the toast to be on the side as opposed to being soaked through by the beans.
I ordered the Spanish Omelette ($18). The serve was much larger than I expected, a decent serving of egg, potato, cacciatore sausage and onion omelette. Topped with a bit of rocket, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic glaze, with a side of sourdough. I enjoyed my meal but would have liked for a smaller serve and a smaller price tag.

Overall the food at Zucchero was nice but not spectacular. It was a great place to catch up with friends and talk freely.

Zucchero Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon