Monday, 14 October 2013

Run Amuk Hotdogs Unleased, South Fremantle

After our photowalk in Fremantle last Saturday, we checked out Run Amuk Hotdogs Unleashed in South Fremantle on the recommendation of a friend. It's basically a cool little shop that serves premium Bratwurst in a variety of flavours.
The shop has an American and a playful theme to it, with toy cars lining the walls (their intention is to receive enough toy car donations to line the wall creating a toy car wall), American flags hanging on against the counter, "where's Wally?" table coverings and superhero cards as the order number stand.


I ordered some fries and classic aioli dip for the table to share ($5) and I also tried the homemade lemonade ($5) on the side.
The highlight of the meal was of course The Stumbles. It was a premium bratwurst with lightly caramelised onions, baby spinach, tomato relish and a layer of cream cheese. This was then topped with a load of aged cheddar & yummy gherkin relish. Given it was packed full of flavours and toppings, it was certainly difficult to eat, let alone eat elegantly. For $11.50 a hotdog, this better be good! And it was. I thought the flavours went well together and I was certainly full.

The vibe was casual & relaxing and the decor was pretty cool. I certainly wouldn't mind trying a different flavour next time. My photowalk has made me discover so many cool little cafes and I can't wait to come back to Fremantle to check out more places!

J.

Run Amuk Hotdogs Unleashed on Urbanspoon