Thursday, 17 April 2014

Lunch at Gusto Food, South Perth


I have heard many good things about Gusto Food in South Perth from friends and colleagues. When the opportunity arouse a few weekends ago to pick a lunch venue I jumped on Gusto Food. Thankfully my friend who I was hanging out with for lunch absolutely loves Gusto. Gusto Food is located conveniently on Angelo Street in South Perth, despite living fairly near to South Perth, I can't say I've really been to Angelo Street before to check out the shops and cafes. There were plenty of cool little shops and cafes that I'm definitely keen to check out next time.

Unfortunately as they did not serve all day breakfast, we had the lunch menu instead. When we got there around 1pm, the cafe wasn't particularly busy and we easily got a table inside. The interior has a somewhat modern hipster feel to it, very simple and clean. It was also great that you didn't have to raise your voice to have a conversation across the table!






As I already had my one-coffee-a-day that morning at Point Walter, I dug into picking my food. The menu looked pretty good but my friend who loves the pulled pork pretty much convinced me to try the pulled pork ciabatta sandwich ($18.50) which consisted of lightly spiced pulled pork, fresh cucumber & beetroot and onion jam in a toasted sandwich with a massive side of chips in a cute little bucket. 

The serving size was much larger than I expected and I definitely struggled to finish it. The pulled pork fell part as expected and was well cooked and the onion jam added so much flavour to the sandwich. The side of chips gave it a "burger and chips" feel to the dish and complimented the sandwich well. 


Overall, I quite enjoyed the food at Gusto and I'm definitely keen to trying out the breakfast menu in the near future. It's certainly somewhere I would recommend to friends and Angelo Street seemed like a nice place to hang out and check out the shops.

J.

Gusto Food on Urbanspoon